Christian teaching jobs with Christian schools, kindergarten to high school (K-12), for those interested in teaching, guidance counseling, principal, coaching, and other school-related jobs. Two great sources:
One, Find Christian teaching jobs today at the ChristianCareerCenter.com.
Two, Find Christian schools with current teaching openings at ChristianJobFair.com.
Christian Teaching Jobs Include:
Christian Elementary school teachers primarily teach children in kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade.
Christian Junior high teachers, also known as middle school teachers, who depending on the school district are responsible for educating 5th - 8th grade students in general academics or specific subject areas, such as English, math, language arts, social studies, science, and other subject areas.
Christian secondary school teachers, more commonly called a Christian high school teachers, instructs students in ninth through twelfth grade in private Christian schools. Teachers help students to integrate a Christian worldview with areas of study. Beyond this, Christian high school teachers and Christian school employees have the objective of educating students so that they are prepared for college and/or the job market.
Here are some important steps to take in finding Christian teaching jobs:
1) Develop a good job search strategy for finding teaching jobs. You can begin by finding openings at the ChristianCareerCenter.com and at the ChristianJobFair.com. You can also search online for other teaching job openings. Remember, however, that a high percentage (even 50-80%) of jobs are not advertised and referred to as being in the "hidden" job market. You can find these teaching jobs by contacting schools directly and by using your network of personal contacts. Please contact us if you would like coaching in how to do this effectively.
2) Make sure that you have a resume and cover letter that showcases your education and other qualifications for teaching. Use the strategies in 14 Keys to Writing a Winning Resume For Christian Jobs. Your cover letter should emphasize your desire to teach in a Christian school and why teaching is important to you. If you need help with writing a resume and/or cover letter you can contact us. Be sure to also post your resume at the ChristianCareerCenter.com resume bank. Be sure to also sign up for job alerts that will let you know when new teaching jobs are posted.
3) Practice your interviewing skills so that you can prove that you are the right person for the position. Take time to think about and articulate what makes you a teacher worth hiring.
4) Be persistent! As Saint Augustine said, "Pray as though everything depends on God and work as though everything depends on you." Praying for God's strength and wisdom, and being consistently using good job search strategies will enable you to find a teaching job as quickly as possible.
5) If you are searching for teaching positions, but not sure that teaching is a good fit for your God-given design, consider taking some time to target the right types of positions for your skills and interests. Career testing and assessment with a skilled career counselor can help you determine whether teaching or another career direction would be best for you.