Lakeside Christian Church Assistant Pastor for Discipleship
The vision of Lakeside Christian Church is to lead people into life-transforming relationships with Jesus. A foundational value in Lakeside is to have sincere relationships with one another and God.
The Assistant Pastor for Discipleship’s role will be a vital step toward accomplishing our vision with intentionality. The role includes helping new people find their way into the Lakeside family, where they can serve, and grow in relationship with God.
There will be opportunities to preach, teach, counsel, and creatively collaborate with the staff and ministry teams to see goals reached in innovative ways. Kirkland is at the heart of the technological advances that are impacting generations in unprecedented ways. The Puget Sound Region is both challenging culturally as well as filled with possibilities spiritually for the Kingdom of God. Hemmed in by the Cascade Mountains to the east and the Olympic Mountains to the west, Lakeside is close to Mount Saint Helens, Adams, and Rainier. Lakeside is situated in a beautiful and culturally rich area of the country.
Overall Essential Competencies and Skills:
· Relationship Oriented. This person must be at ease recruiting, working with, and socializing with all types of people. We are looking for someone who genuinely likes to be around others, care for their needs, and provide them with compassionate and sound counsel, direction, and teaching.
· Communication/administration Skills. Strong oral, written, and organizational/administrative skills are needed. You will have abundant opportunities to give direction, teach, and communicate.
· A passion for discipleship. This person must see the importance of growing in personal relationships with other and God. Discipleship needs to been seen as a lifestyle and not a program.
· Self-starter. This person must be enthusiastic and motivated to work with people and see Lakeside’s vision accomplished. Looking for someone who gets out of bed looking forward to ministry.
· Team player. This person must work well as a team member both contributing ideas as well as learning from others (Pastor, staff, and church members). We are looking for someone to compliment the abilities, skills, and personalities we have on our team.
· Technological Skills. This person must possess strong skills and have the ability to learn and work with multiple platforms while considering new digital solutions for ongoing improvement. Able to use Pro-Presenter, Planning Center, and/or PowerPoint.
· Trust & Confidentiality. This person must exercise discretion and confidentiality regarding the personal information of Lakeside staff and members.
Responsibility and Expectations:
· The Pastoral candidate must be in agreement with the Lakeside Christian Church Constitution and By-Laws, specifically the statement of faith.
· Our Elders will examine your theological and philosophical stance on a number of issues. We ask that you can substantiate and share your honest thoughts, feelings, and conclusions.
Connecting New People and Discipleship:
· Follow up with visitors and guests to Lakeside and help them become connected to the Lakeside Church Family.
§ Evaluate the spiritual needs of the guest or visitor who is connecting.
§ Cultivate sincere relationships with regular attenders and members.
§ Help Lakeside help visitors and guests with meeting their needs.
· Oversee the First Impression’s Team, guest follow-up, and new member induction.
· Provide a platform for Lakesiders to:
o Discover their spiritual gifts.
o Find places of service.
o Cultivate relationships with one another and grow in Christ.
· Regularly assess Lakeside’s needs and strategize to meet those needs with the church staff.
· Devise a small group type ministry that connects members together in mentoring, coaching or discipleship relationships that foster holistic growth (social and spiritual).
· Recruit, train, and develop people who are competent and confident to lead a small group.
· Ensure all Bible study materials are consistent with the Statement of Faith of Lakeside and as appropriate, engage Elders for assistance and review.
· Ensure that the administration of discipleship is documented.
· Oversee the men’s and women’s ministry as part of a team.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in ministry related field is preferred.
· Lakeside will provide opportunities for educational growth through classes, seminars, etc.
· 2-5 years experience in ministry related field is preferred.
· Ordination with a Christian Organization that is in agreement with Lakeside Statement of Beliefs.
· If not ordained, seeking eventual ordination.
Compensation will take into consideration our geographic location and the competencies, skills, education, and experience of the candidate. Medical/Dental benefits are included for full-time staff. A retirement program which matches up to 5% of employee contribution. Paternity/Maternity leave is available.
The vision of Lakeside Christian Church in Kirkland is to lead people into life transforming relationships with Jesus Christ. Our mission is to create moments that move people; moving them to come, connect, change, and contribute.
The City of Kirkland is located on the east-side of Lake Washington across from downtown Seattle. We are nestled between the Cascade and Olympic Mountain Ranges with majestic Mt. Rainer watching over us. Into this incredibly beautiful part of the U.S. multi-national companies like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Salesforce are located and bringing in employees (with families) from across the globe. Lakeside is in the heart of a high speed, technologically advancing, and innovative culture.
We bring the Gospel to light through love, service, and the truth of God's Word as both spoken and lived out in our lives. Genuine and sincere relationships come at a premium. If you're serious about making a difference in this world with your life, love Jesus, and want to be a part of a growing ministry of relationships - you need to reach out and contact us now at email@example.com. We want to hear from you. We need your help.