New Way Ministries, Lynden, WA, South British Columbia Avenue, Lynden, WA, USA
NEW WAY MINISTRIES IS HIRING FOR TWO OPEN POSITIONS ON OUR NIGHT/WEEKEND STAFF TEAM. ONE POSITION IS 24-30 HOURS PER WEEK, AND THE SECOND IS FOR 8-12 HOURS.
Time Commitment: The position is for evenings, overnights, and weekend days up to 30 hours per week as scheduled.Some flexibility exists to work around employee’s schedule limitations.Shifts are assigned in four-, eight-, and twelve-hour blocks, and employees can sleep in the night staff room between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Coverage is needed on weekdays from 4 p.m. until 8 a.m. the next morning and both days and nights on weekends and holidays.
Compensation: This hourly position is offered at $18.50/hour—no additional compensation benefits.
Qualifications: A committed Christian faith as part of a team dedicated to showing the love of Christ to those we serve. Also, a deep desire to provide caring support to the residents of New Way in an administrative capacity. Human services experience is desired but not a requirement.
Personal Skills: Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, de-escalation skills, the ability to multi-task and prioritize needs in an active environment, attention to detail and problem-solving skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, accountability, adaptability, honesty and integrity, teamwork and collaboration, ability and desire to share the hope of Christ with residents and staff when opportunities arise.
Job Summary: Maintain the facility’s safety and support residents.
• Insure resident’s compliance with house rules
• Meet residents’ needs for supplies, medications, etc.
• Have a listening ear for residents
• Keep documentation of day/night events
• Secure the facility at night and open the building in the morning
• Call on-call staff if needed
• Accomplish staff chores as well as review and approve residents' daily chore checks and weekly room checks
• Other related duties as assigned
Teamwork and Collaboration:
• Works in collaboration with the program and other staff to facilitate a team environment
• Demonstrates effective communication skills in building relationships with clients, staff, and volunteers
• Attend all staff meetings as scheduled (twice monthly)
• Have a willing attitude to take on other tasks or duties as needed or assigned
New Way Ministries Values:
• Treat all clients, visitors, and employees with kindness, respect, and dignity
• Adheres to all policies, procedures, code of conduct, and attendance rules
• Maintains strict confidentiality of all information
Christian Hope Association (CHA) is a non-profit charitable organization that has two ministries under its care, all within the same facility. Project Hope is a food bank and community assistance program serving the Lynden population. About 150 families or 500 individuals are fed through our food bank each week. New Way Ministries is a transitional housing program that offers shelter and a Christian program to women who are pregnant or with children and are facing homelessness. Through this program, our residents have safe shelter in a community living setting, weekly case management, life skill classes, and much more. There are approximately 20 employees of CHA and 50+ volunteers.
Our organization's mandate is based on Mark 12:30-31. Together, we are called by scripture to: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength…and Love your neighbor as yourself.”