The God of Hope Ministries (TGOHM) a nonprofit, is seeking a Director of Volunteer Services to lead and oversee our Volunteer Discipleship Program. As a discipleship ministry, our Mission is “To equip prison inmates through biblical discipleship for a life of hope and freedom in Jesus Christ.”
Job Description Summary:
As a member of the leadership team of TGOHM, the Director of Volunteer Services will have the following key responsibilities:
• To develop a volunteer recruiting program with area churches.
• To recruit, train, evaluate and make volunteer assignments.
• To communicate regularly with volunteers in the management of volunteer services.
• To oversee all aspects of discipleship planning for volunteers.
• To collaborate with the leadership team to develop and deliver training materials.
• To research and select appropriate teaching, discipleship and coaching methods.
• To interface with TGOHM President and Women’s Director.
• To plan and coordinate training events.
• Complete Job Description available upon request.
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Commitment to Jesus Christ and a high level of spiritual maturity.
• Agreement with TGOHM Statement of Faith and Covenant of Christian Conduct.
• A commitment to the vision and mission of TGOHM.
• A successful track record of leading volunteers.
• Able to teach and model the Christian life as revealed in scripture.
• Effective writing and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with sufficient humility to be available and teachable.
• Strategic, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
• Public and private life above reproach.
• Administrative skills – able to follow through on details.
This is a full-time position. Must also be available as needed on weekends and evenings.
Market competitive compensation, with precise amount to be determined based on applicant’s experience.