We are seeking a Worship Director to lead the congregation at FBOV in worshipping Jesus in song. This position includes preparing and presenting the music worship ministry that is shared during Sunday services, as well as helping with planning and supporting the ministries of the church as needed. This is a part-time staff position.
First Baptist Church of Orangevale (FBOV) exists to honor God by making more disciples and by bringing people closer to the love of Jesus Christ.
· Planning and executing a music worship plan that will be meaningful and appropriate for all
age levels (we are looking for a truly blended service)
· Schedule and lead weekly rehearsals with the praise team
· Provide music for special services and events (e.g., Palm Sunday, Easter, Christmas,
· Develop current praise team leaders in blended service songs and practices
· Identify and develop future praise team members and volunteers to serve on the music or
· Leadership experience in music worship ministry
· Studies worship styles and trends to help ensure worship styles and elements remain
relevant for all age groups while remaining faithful to biblical principles
· Experience arranging various elements of music worship
· Can play at least one musical instrument
· Experience with audiovisual equipment setup and operation
· Can use computer software effectively as needed
· Strong leadership, administrative and organizational skills
· Can communicate effectively both orally and in written form
First Baptist Church of Orangevale is a church that is focused on honoring God by making disciples and bringing people closer to the love of Jesus. The church has been a significant part of the community for many years, and we look forward to continuing the work that the Lord has given us as we seek to fill these positions of ministry.