Responsible for assisting the Teacher in meeting the children's basic needs in our care and facilitating daily curriculum activities for the children by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Greets children and parents/guardians enthusiastically each day.
2. Interacts with children through age-appropriate instructional methods, including play, music, arts and crafts, reading, writing, computer, and physical activities.
3. Assists children as necessary to enhance learning skills and help complete age-appropriate assigned projects.
4. Assists the Teacher in maintaining the classroom climate and implementing the education curriculum.
5. Promotes and fosters each child's positive self-esteem and individual development toward their fullest potential in physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth.
6. Assists children with general hygiene practices, including diapering, bathroom, and cleanliness needs.
7. Assists in the planning and preparation of lesson plans.
8. Shares pertinent information, suggestions, or ideas with co-workers regularly.
9. Maintains a positive interpersonal relationship with all children, fellow staff, and parents/guardians.
10. Performs general classroom cleaning duties, including sweeping the floor after meals, cleaning cots, and chairs, and wiping tables or spills as necessary.
Must be enrolled in Early Childhood Classes. Prior Experience providing care to infants/toddlers and preschool children helpful. A Teacher Assistant working with infants shall have three additional units in Infant/Toddler Programs.