Incumbent ensures ethical documentation, management and reporting of the information relating to donor relationships and contacts with Bethesda Mission, its programs, events, and staff and is responsible for oversight of the workflow of the Donor Services area including supervising the Donor Services Assistants. Incumbent is responsible for accurately managing the constituent database to include the accurate reporting of the daily gift entry, documentation of all donor activity, communicating with constituent software vendor, installing updates, researching new modules and training Mission staff in the use of constituent software.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervises the coordination of activities for all aspects of the Donor Services Department and exercises discretion and independent judgment in making decisions. Maintains the department procedural manual. Utilizes and coordinates activities for volunteers.
2. Completes annual job performance evaluations for donor services staff and maintains job descriptions. Counsels, records, and disciplines reporting staff as necessary and monitors and evaluates job performance. Interviews and recommends applicants for hiring of departmental staff.
3. Takes a leadership role in ensuring security of the donor database and the information therein. Plans, organizes, and monitors the constituent management software to ensure accuracy in recording and processing all financial, relational, and action-based records and ensures a smooth and consistent operation. Evaluates the cost/benefits of additional modules.
4. Processes all incoming monetary donations (opening and writing reply devices and batch donations for data entry, entering gifts in database) and preparing deposits for bank. Incoming monetary donations will include all on-line gifts, credit card gifts, United Way electronic funds, PayPal, Amazon, Foundation gifts, Trusts, and monthly employee payroll deductions.
5. Leads the design and maintenance of the database structure, nomenclatures, and definitions used while ensuring that all team members are familiar with the applicable common terminology and definitions.
6. Commits daily gift batches as well as creating all daily, month-end and year-to-date records and reports. Prepares mail merge query for monthly appeals and quarterly newsletter.
7. Creates, designs and maintains analytical reports to support the Development and Finance Departments activities. Assists in budget preparation and monitors departmental revenue and expenses.
8. Assists in the preparation of proposals, including planned gifts and campaigns and assists the Director of Development with Special Projects, for example: · Posts bequests and other planned gifts into Raiser’s Edge as pledges.
· Develops planned giving reports from Raiser’s Edge.
· Develops easy access report checks for gift officers (statistics, Action Notes)
· Sets up dashboards for each solicitor and teaches on use and refreshment process.
9. Monitors supply of Donor Services envelopes and special stationary.
10. Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
1. Provides a biblically sound testimony of having accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and leads a life worthy of that profession. Actively engages in private and corporate prayer, Bible Study, regular church attendance, and holy living.
2. Agrees with and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Mission’s policies that are included in the Bethesda Mission Directives, the Bethesda Mission Code of Conduct, the Bethesda Mission Statement of Faith, Value Statement and Narratives, and the Mission Statement.
3. Committed to serving the poor and homeless.
4. Presents a history of stable and responsible employment.
5. Possesses an AA degree or equivalent experience or at least three year’s experience with general office procedures, computers, and all commonly used office equipment.
6. Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.Experience with Raiser’s Edge, or other database management for non-profits preferred.
7. Possesses a basic understanding of non-profit funding.
8. Demonstrates effective oral and written English communications.
9. Works independently and within a team on special and non-recurring and ongoing projects. Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
10. Works with continual attention to detail in composing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
11. Requires analytical ability in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and travels to other Mission facilities as required. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Interacts with staff, visitors, etc., under all conditions/circumstances. May be required to work extended periods of time at a computer requiring repetitive motion. Infrequent light physical effort required.
Since 1914, Bethesda Mission has been a missionary arm of the local church, reaching out to men, women, and children of all races, nationalities, and creeds, providing the poor and homeless with shelter, food, clothing, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, and discipling them in the Christian life.
A soft pillow, a warm meal, and peace from life’s storms are what Bethesda offers the men, women, and children who walk through our doors. Our walls offer safety from chaos-filled homes and noisy streets, and our hospitality returns a small portion of the grace we’ve been given to the people we serve. A brightly lit green cross is the trade-mark symbol of our flagship facility at 611 Reily Street in downtown Harrisburg. This city icon defines our driving passion – to introduce others to the power and love of Jesus Christ. Equipping each person with tools for life is the aim of Bethesda’s community re-entry blueprint. From learning to balance a checkbook to finding a Christ centered, nurturing church, these foundational skills help existing guests lead lives of character and great purpose.