Target Staff Type Paid
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
JAARS, one of the largest campus properties in Waxhaw, is actively seeking an innovative and dynamic HVAC and Appliance Services Manager. The successful candidate will deliver all aspects of service and support to our campus HVAC, chillers, heat pumps, furnaces, boiler systems, and appliances, including efficient installation, inspection, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repair solutions.
- Collaborate with Facilities Director to plan, track, and complete critical current and future HVAC projects, and deliver these large-scale projects to time and budget expectations
- Consistently apply repair and preventative maintenance solutions to conserve budget resources and maximize current equipment usage; actively seek to maximize equipment capital value, and manage cost containment and reductions measures; recommend mission-critical equipment replacements as needed
- Oversee and supervise HVAC/Appliance service team members, including the department scheduling of assignment, training, mentoring, interviewing and hiring
- Submit timely status reports on project updates and milestones; identify variances in budget with recommendations on approaches to meet project or completion objectives
- Coordinate fix and repair schedule for team to maximize systems and appliance unit up-time
- Ensure that safety practices and policies are consistently upgraded, communicated, and reviewed for improvement to protect department members from accidents and injury
- Maintain adequate parts inventory, and order items as necessary
- Related duties as assigned
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS
- Minimum five years of expert-level HVAC electrical, mechanical, and systems experience with large-scale commercial and residential units; operational experience with HVAC, chiller, boiler systems (preferably Trane and Carrier or equivalent is desirable; operational experience with Speed Queen, Maytag, and Whirlpool appliance units or equivalent is desirable).
- Degree in Civil Engineering, related discipline, or equivalent technical, trade, or professional certifications, preferably with a refrigerant commercial license, or equivalent experience.
- Operational familiarity and/or technical aptitude to apply facilities maintenance applications or management software into daily operations, tracking activities, report generation and quality efforts.
- Experience leading facilities service teams specializing in HVAC and appliances including washers, dryers and refrigerators.
- Demonstrated background in multi-tasking and effectively prioritizing long-term complex projects and day-to-day tasks.
- Displays decision making that is decisive and balances organizational needs and resource availability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication acumen with the ability to present highly technical information and complex solutions in reasonable and simple business explanation.
- Experienced technical familiarity in computer/automated HVAC systems; ability to read and interpret highly technical material and implement routine to advanced solutions.
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work.