Incumbent is responsible for the processing of monetary gifts, in-kind gifts, and processing of thank-you letters.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Processes incoming monetary donations, i.e., opening and writing reply devices and batch donations for data entry, entering gifts in database. Scans checks and/or prepares deposits for bank. Incoming monetary donations will include all on-line gifts, credit card gifts, and cash gifts.
2. Processes in-kind gifts, i.e., gathering in-kind receipts, preparing them for gift entry, verifying donor addresses, accurately entering new donor information and gift information in Raiser’s Edge.
3. Processes general thank-you letters/receipts, including printing and folding letters. Works with volunteers to restock envelope inserts for thank-you letters. Maintains an electronic file copy of each month’s letter template. Maintains tracking record of daily letters. Delivers the letters (and other mail, if needed) to the post office. Also assists in processing occasional special mailings.
4. Assists in maintaining the accuracy of Raiser’s Edge database. This includes, but is not limited to, donor names and biographical data (addresses, birth dates, etc.), gift information, donor notes, event information, etc.
5. Shares responsibility answering Mission telephone promptly and courteously.
6. Works effectively as part of the Donor Services Department team.
7. Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1. Provides a Biblically sound testimony of having accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and leads a life worthy of that profession. Actively engages in private and corporate prayer, Bible Study, regular church attendance, and holy living.
2. Agrees with and carries out responsibilities in accordance with the Mission’s policies that are included in the Bethesda Mission Directives, the Bethesda Mission Code of Conduct, the Bethesda Mission Statement of Faith, the Bethesda Mission Document on Sexual Sin and Brokenness, Value Statement and Narratives, and the Mission Statement.
3. Committed to serving the poor and homeless.
4. Presents a history of stable and responsible employment.
5. Possesses an AA degree or has equivalent experience and at least two years’ experience with general office procedures, including bookkeeping, computers, and all commonly used office equipment.
6. Has extensive experience with database management and spreadsheets.
7. Possesses a basic understanding of non-profit funding.
8. Demonstrates effective oral and written English communications.
9. Agrees to sign and abides by a confidentiality agreement.
10. Possesses the ability to work effectively with others in a positive, cooperative manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and occasionally travels to other Mission facilities as required. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Interacts with staff, visitors, etc., under all conditions/circumstances. May be required to work extended periods of time at a computer requiring repetitive motion. Infrequent light physical effort required.
Since 1914, Bethesda Mission has been a missionary arm of the local church, reaching out to men, women, and children of all races, nationalities, and creeds, providing the poor and homeless with shelter, food, clothing, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, and discipling them in the Christian life.
A soft pillow, a warm meal, and peace from life’s storms are what Bethesda offers the men, women, and children who walk through our doors. Our walls offer safety from chaos-filled homes and noisy streets, and our hospitality returns a small portion of the grace we’ve been given to the people we serve. A brightly lit green cross is the trade-mark symbol of our flagship facility at 611 Reily Street in downtown Harrisburg. This city icon defines our driving passion – to introduce others to the power and love of Jesus Christ. Equipping each person with tools for life is the aim of Bethesda’s community re-entry blueprint. From learning to balance a checkbook to finding a Christ centered, nurturing church, these foundational skills help existing guests lead lives of character and great purpose.