Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
To foster and encourage spiritual vitality and development across the entire JAARS community.
· Develop and implement prayer and spiritual development strategies across the JAARS campus
· Guide and equip JAARS Center staff to pray regularly for all nations and all language communities by name
· Encourage and promote various prayer groups on campus
· Ensure spiritual and emotional support to the staff reporting to you (i.e. Chaplains, LimboLinks, Widows Network)
· Schedule, organize and execute various spiritually focused days (e.g. World Day of Prayer, Scripture Celebration, Spiritual Vitality Days)
· Serve as an active member of the JAARS leadership team
· Work well with other leaders at JAARS
· A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embraces the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
· Bachelor’s degree
· Prior or current experience with JAARS in a related capacity is desirable
· Formal or informal training in prayer ministry
· Strong personal prayer life demonstrated by personal habits of prayer
· Relevant, demonstrated leadership gifts, both in spiritual and practical realms
· Proven leadership in corporate prayer times
· Ability to encourage and model effective prayer for nations and language communities
There are nearly 600 million people in the world with little or no access to Scripture in the language they know best, their heart language.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
We need more staff to make that possible. Of those who work at the JAARS Center in Waxhaw, N.C., 50% are volunteers either short or long term, full or part time, and of all ages and backgrounds. Missionaries and a few paid personnel round out the staff.
Consider becoming part of our team that impacts people for eternity by helping give them God’s Word.
Go to www.jaars.org to learn more!