Target Staff TypeSupported/Volunteer
Work LocationJAARS Waxhaw
Play a vital role in Bible translation by ensuring our Communications projects run smoothly, on time and within budget. Working closely with the Director of Communications, you will review and prioritize project requests, schedule based on team capacity and shepherd each project through to completion—communicating and collaborating with all creative staff and other stakeholders throughout the process.
· Develop a project intake process, creative briefs, task management system and other tools to ensure a smooth and efficient project process
· Review, prioritize, schedule, shepherd and evaluate a wide variety of communications projects such as print pieces, web updates and videos, working closely with the Director of Communications
· Serve as the primary point of communication for clients, stakeholders and creative staff working on each project
· Assist with administrative tasks as needed, such as print orders, product distribution, file archiving
· Other duties as required
· A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
· Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
· Bachelor's Degree in a related field
· Superb organizational and project management skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Volunteer or supported, unpaid
· Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, project management or a related field
There are nearly 600 million people in the world with little or no access to Scripture in the language they know best, their heart language.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
We need more staff to make that possible. Of those who work at the JAARS Center in Waxhaw, N.C., 50% are volunteers either short or long term, full or part time, and of all ages and backgrounds. Missionaries and a few paid personnel round out the staff.
Consider becoming part of our team that impacts people for eternity by helping give them God’s Word.