At Eternal Life Christian Center (ELCC), we are a church that Loves God, Loves People and Help People Love God. ELCC recently celebrated our 66th year anniversary. We are a mid-size church, with 140 active members, located in Somerset, NJ, in affiliation with the U.S. Assemblies of God. We are currently seeking a Senior Pastor who will have charge of the spiritual welfare of the Church. The Pastor will serve the church by providing a balanced ministry of preaching, teaching, pastoral care and organizational leadership to the congregation for the Glory of God. In addition, the Pastor will work in partnership with the Elders, Deacons, Ministers, church staff, and ministry leaders to fulfill the God directed vision, mission of the church and, promote discipleship among the congregation. The Senior Pastor will serve as superintendent/overseer of our Christian school and daycare, The Academy at ELCC.
The responsibilities of the Senior Pastor of ELCC include but are not limited to the following:
• Serve as President and Chairman of the Executive Board.
• Prepare and deliver teachings on-site and on-line as required.
• Equip the saints for ministry.
• Teach Bible studies and other spiritual curriculum to edify the Body of Christ.
• Train leaders to be effective in the performance of their duties.
• Teach Evangelistic principles for the winning of lost souls.
• Provide discipleship training to equip the Body of Christ to be literal followers of Jesus Christ and make Disciples.
• Lead in outreach of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the local community.
• Lead officers in implementation of short and long-term plans.
• Serve as ex-officio member of all church committees, boards, ministries, and organizations within the church.
• Lead and direct the affairs of the church.
• Lead, equip, and provide guidance to ministers and/or pastors in the ministerial duties and ordinations.
• Lead in planning, supervising, and administering of all ministries of the Church.
• Provide oversight of church financial/budgetary matters as well as demonstrate a working experience to make sound decisions
• Provide pastoral counseling and minister to the sick, dying, and bereaved.
• Conduct weddings and funerals.
• Lead in observance of the ordinances (Lord’s Supper and Baptism).
• Be flexible and versatile as needs of the congregation change.
• Stay up to date on technological advances in communications and use of social media.
• Provide expansion, support, and growth of various ministries.
• Emulate a lifestyle that parallels the bible requirements for leaders found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9.
• Born again believer with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Credentialed with the U.S. Assemblies of God (AG); if not currently AG credentialled, the credentialling must be completed prior to the job offer.
• The Pastor must meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications found in Titus 1:7-9, Titus 2 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-26.
• Mature spiritual leader whose family reflects a Christ-centered, peaceful life. (Titus1:5-6).
• Has an enthusiastic love and commitment for people, seeking to consistently and proactively encourage them in the Lord.
• Strong communicator, both oral and written.
• Highly self-motivated with proven leadership and management skills
Eternal Life Christian Center is a family-oriented church winning souls for Christ. We follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, under Interim Pastor Smith's leadership with a mission to build lives for eternity. Since 1956 we have invested into the community, the next generation, and each other with our lives regardless of circumstance. Eternal Life Christian Center remains a demonstration of the faithfulness of God as we continue to expand in number, territory and influence.