The Director of Youth Ministries will work under the supervision of the Associate Rector. His or her primary responsibilities will be:
· To plan, coordinate, and promote youth programs and events which lead students to faith in Jesus Christ and further disciple students’ faith.
· Develop relationships with the youth and their families, and nurture them in Christian discipleship.
· Bring outside and unbelieving students into the parish.
· Work with the Associate Rector in developing the ministry vision, values, and goals to best serve the youth and their families.
· Work with the Associate Rector in developing strategies, program structures, and events to effectively pursue the ministry vision, values, and goals.
Programming and event responsibilities:
· Oversee and implement effective programs and events which serve the youth and parents. This includes but is not limited to planning and prepping weekly programs and special events; serving as the primary volunteer recruiter and trainer; teaching and participating in weekly programs and at special events.
· Develop the students’ formation in the Evangelical Anglican identity.
· Organize, coordinate, and train the acolytes.
· Evangelize unchurched youth in the community.
· Develop relationships with the youth and parents inside and outside the church.
· Pray regularly with and for the Youth Ministry Team and youth of our church.
· Year-long calendar planning.
· Maintain contact with youth and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities, e.g., monthly newsletter, semester calendar, and emails.
· Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
· Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget.
· Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life, including acolyte recruitment.
· Responsible for safeguarding of youth. This will include, but is not limited to, background checks, sexual abuse training, first-aid, CPR training, implementation of safety policy and procedure.
Christ Church of Atlanta, Inc. is a biblically-based, evangelical church worshiping in the Anglican tradition. We confess the faith of Jesus Christ crucified, buried, risen, ascended and coming again as expressed in the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds, the historic ecumenical councils of the ancient, undivided Church and the Thirty-Nine Articles of Religion.