BLOC Sports Performance Assistant Director
Position Title: Assistant Director
Status (Full time/part time): Full-time
Reports to: Director
Department: BLOC Sports Performance
Position Summary: The Assistant Director will assist in all aspects of day to operations of BLOC Sports Performance. They will be responsible for learning the culture and system in use. Once established, they will be expected to run workouts and be able to lead the facility as needed. They will need to be able to operate daily in an environment that requires patience and adaptability.
They will also be expected to attend BLOC 12 staff meetings every Thursday morning at 10 a.m., along with any other event required for BLOC staff members.
- Oversee and continue relationship with the juvenile justice system
- Assist in implementing performance programs designed by the Director
- Data tracking (attendance and performance)
- Assist in set up and tear down before and after daily workouts
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness of the facility and equipment
- Lead a “scripture talk” at least once a week
- Build a financial support team and support raise salary
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
- Work 35+ hours a week with flexibility
- Agreement and comply with BLOC employee handbook
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Desire to learn/grow specifically as a coach
- Background in athletics is preferred
- Great interpersonal skills, adept at building relationships
We are an inner city ministry that lives and works in the neighborhoods we serve. Our mission exists to build relationships with our neighbors and share hope in brokenness. We target neighborhoods that are underserved. We have a staff size of about 45 where we have after school programs, sports performance center, houses for women in sex trafficking, men and women transitional homes, two coffee shops, screen printing, and other forms of ministry to love our neighbors.