The vision of UrbanPromise is to be a community in Christ of servant leadership and transformation
seeking a full life for all involved: urban youth, families, volunteers and staff, in the neighborhoods of our city.
The mission of UrbanPromise is to equip urban youth through Christ with the skills necessary for
academic success, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.
Site Directors provide direction and supervision to Afterschool and Summer Camp programs. The Site Directors help ensure the vision and mission of UrbanPromise is in the forefront of all planning and implementations. Through support and proactive feedback, Site Directors are able to empower their staff and volunteers, and encourage them in their duties and workloads. Site Directors are placed in a specific neighborhood-based site to organize, create and maintain processes which will allow each site to meet the children’s programming strategic goals and fulfil the UP vision.
Duties and responsibilities - Staff members are expected to strive for transformative quality in
everything they undertake.
Foster Community in Christ
○ Have fun
○ Engage in personal spiritual development (get a mentor, bible study prayer and the
○ Participate in staff spiritual practice events (prayer, discipleship, bible study and the
○ Participate in site based neighborhood and community relationships
○ Support and engage in safe practices (cleaning policies & procedures, child policy,
risk policies and the like…)
○ Hold reporting staff accountable in UrbanPromise Wilmington’s discipleship
○ Engage in professional development through staff retreats, training, and team
○ Invest in and support, through actions and attitudes, the UPW community (youth,
families, volunteers and staff)
○ Teach and provide opportunities for children to respond to the Gospel message,
fostering Godly Character and discipleship (Scripture, prayer, mentoring relationships,
service opportunities and the like)
○ Support partner relationships
○ Actively pursue UPW support raising goals through relationship development,
UrbanPromise is an organization with about 30 full time staff members who live intentionally by building relationships in the city. We run a wide range of programs from summer camps, after school programs, a teen job training program, and a high school to name a few.
The vision of UrbanPromise is to be a community in Christ of servant leadership and transformation, seeking a full life for all involved: urban youth, families, volunteers and staff in the neighborhoods of our city.
The mission of UrbanPromise Wilmington is to equip children and young adults through Christ with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.