Vision The vision of UrbanPromise is to be a community in Christ of servant leadership and transformation seeking a full life for all involved: urban youth, families, volunteers and staff, in the neighborhoods of our city.
Mission The mission of UrbanPromise is to equip urban youth through Christ with the skills necessary for academic success, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.
Job title UrbanTrekkers Director
Reports to Programming Director
Job purpose The UrbanTrekkers Director ensures the vision and mission of UrbanPromise is in the forefront of all planning, implementing, and growing of experiential learning and opportunities through the UrbanTrekkers program at UrbanPromise Wilmington. The UrbanTrekkers Director must keep a focus on relationship-building and large-picture vision of equipping the youth of Wilmington to engage the world as Christ-like servant leaders while managing various administrative details to assure the successful implementation of the program.
Duties and responsibilities - Staff members are expected to strive for transformative quality in everything they undertake.
● Foster Community in Christ
○ Engage in personal spiritual development (get a mentor, bible study prayer and the like)
○ Participate in staff spiritual practice events (prayer, discipleship, bible study and the like)
○ Support and engage in safe practices
○ Hold reporting staff accountable in UrbanPromise Wilmington’s discipleship expectations.
○ Engage in professional development through staff retreats, training, and team building events
○ Invest and support, through actions and attitudes, the UPW community
○ Actively pursue UPW support raising goals through relationship development, support letters, fig trips and the like
○ Have fun
● Provide hands on and/or journey based experiences for participants
o Plan, implement, and evaluate UrbanTrekkers expeditions and activities
o Recruit students, volunteers, donors, and staff to participate in expeditions and activities
o Train, coach, and develop students, volunteers, donors, and staff in outdoor leadership, cultivating Christian values
o Create and Teach Trekker core value curriculum as UPS/UPA special
o Foster experiential learning and character development
● Oversee administration of the UrbanTrekkers program
o Maintain organization of processes and procedures (policies, calendars, planning, curriculums, student records)
o Lead meetings with students, volunteers, donors, and staff as needed
o Develop and implement effective means to measure student learning
o Keep all media and communications up to date online
o Communicate with supporters and local resources on a regular basis keeping them informed
o Develop and maintaining needed financial support and resources
UrbanPromise is an organization with about 30 full time staff members who live intentionally by building relationships in the city. We run a wide range of programs from summer camps, after school programs, a teen job training program, and a high school to name a few.
The vision of UrbanPromise is to be a community in Christ of servant leadership and transformation, seeking a full life for all involved: urban youth, families, volunteers and staff in the neighborhoods of our city.
The mission of UrbanPromise Wilmington is to equip children and young adults through Christ with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.