Jul 10, 2020

House Parent - Single & Couple

$30,000 - $60,000 yearly
  • Cal Farley's
  • Boys Ranch, TX, USA
Full time Counseling House Parent Mission Jobs Other Nonprofit

Job Description

We are accepting applications for dedicated, energetic people for our childcare team! House Parents are responsible for the direct care to the residents of Boys Ranch, and to provide for the health, safety, and well-being of each child in their care. They build and maintain healthy, positive relationships with each resident and team member.

*If applying for House Parent Couple, please be sure that two separate applications are submitted.*


  • Salary up to $30,000/single & $60,000/couple
  • 6 days on, 3 days off and respite program
  • Private apartment with paid utilities - including cable
  • Medical insurance and 401(k) with company match
  • And many more!

Sample of Duties & Responsibilities:

  • Actively participates in the home life of assigned residents. Supervises and monitors residents and resident activities in accordance with all applicable regulations.
  • Serves as a role model for residents in the areas of ethics, morals, appearance, and spirituality.
  • Implements the therapeutic discipline management plan for residents.
  • Provides crisis intervention for residents, to include the use of approved verbal and physical intervention techniques.
  • Supports the education of assigned residents.
  • Maintains a non-denominational approach to a child's spiritual development. Attends services with residents while on duty, wearing proper attire and exhibiting appropriate behavior, attitude, participation, and reverence during services.
  • Supports the residents' interaction with family members in accordance with the resident's plan of service.
  • Assis newly admitted residents by providing orientation to the ranch and home.



  1. A high school diploma or GED equivalency is required.
  2. A Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
  3. Experience in childcare is preferred.
  4. Computer knowledge is required.
  5. Must be at least 21 years of age.
  6. Must have no more than 2 school age dependents living in residence. *If applying as House Parent Couple
  7. Must reside on campus housing provided.
  8. Must possess a valid driver's license. A commercial driver's license is preferred.
  9. Must be available for travel as needed.

Apply Now