As a member of the Guest Services team, the receptionist is responsible for providing a warm welcome to visitors, directing guests and staff, and helping individuals connect with the right person or department.
· Welcome guests and staff in a pleasant and friendly manner
· Help individuals know where to find the person/help they need
· Pursue answers to questions for guests and staff
· Respond to inquiries in an efficient and timely manner
· Maintain security by following procedures and issuing visitor badges
· Answer the phone in a professional and courteous manner
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Warm and personable conversationalist with the ability to build relationships
· Comfortable meeting people
· Takes initiative
· Ability to multitask
· Competent computer user with Google suite
· A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
There are nearly 600 million people in the world with little or no access to Scripture in the language they know best, their heart language. JAARS is here to do something about that.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
We need more staff to make in possible. Of those who work at the JAARS Center in Waxhaw, N.C., 50% are volunteers either short- or long-term, full- or part-time, and of all ages and training backgrounds. Missionaries and a few paid personnel round out the staff.
Consider becoming part of our team that impacts people for eternity by helping give them God’s Word!