· Excellent organization and communication skills with all levels of staff; a flexible, team-oriented professional with a willingness and readiness to provide administrative support
· A proactive, efficient, goal-oriented work style that can negotiate, yet also quickly adapt to ever-changing HR priorities; comfortable with periodic interruptions based on needs and requests
· Understand JAARS unique Talent Acquisition strategies, goals, and initiatives
· Ability or willingness to learn HR consultation to managers on all aspects of recruitment: position description design, sourcing, interviewing, offer negotiation to external hires and JAARS internal transfer invitation process
· Proven skills and experience in Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
· Strong commitment to and understanding of the confidential aspects of the work; prior experience on a professional HR team is preferred
There are nearly 600 million people in the world with little or no access to Scripture in the language they know best, their heart language. JAARS is here to do something about that.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
We need more staff to make in possible. Of those who work at the JAARS Center in Waxhaw, N.C., 50% are volunteers either short- or long-term, full- or part-time, and of all ages and training backgrounds. Missionaries and a few paid personnel round out the staff.
Consider becoming part of our team that impacts people for eternity by helping give them God’s Word!