The Engagement Coordinator will seek to promote Refuge 139 trips through various avenues. These trips provide tailor made VBS-style programs for missionary kids (MKs) living overseas while their parents are in important meetings.
· Promote Refuge 139 in local churches.
· Maintain the JAARS Refuge 139 website, and interface with service provider for stability and security.
· Maintain applications and associated forms, reports, and sheets.
· Keep the Refuge 139 name on the Wycliffe USA website and in Wycliffe USA publications.
· Maintain the Refuge 139 prayer updates, newsletter, and Facebook account.
· Maintain flyers and other promotional materials.
· Maintain and categorize all Refuge 139 pictures and videos.
· Act as a backup for child safety.
· A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
There are nearly 600 million people in the world with little or no access to Scripture in the language they know best, their heart language. JAARS is here to do something about that.
JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
We need more staff to make in possible. Of those who work at the JAARS Center in Waxhaw, N.C., 50% are volunteers either short- or long-term, full- or part-time, and of all ages and training backgrounds. Missionaries and a few paid personnel round out the staff.
Consider becoming part of our team that impacts people for eternity by helping give them God’s Word!