CHILD/TEEN DIRECT CARE: LOOKING FOR LIVE-IN MARRIED COUPLE
$30,000 - $40,000 yearly
Tucson, AZ, USA
GAP Ministries is seeking child loving, missionary-minded married couples. Live in our spacious, beautiful homes and provide a Christ-centered, safe, temporary family for children and teens in foster care. Up to $80,000 per couple/yr! FREE Rent/Utilities/Meals. Medical and free dental, vision and life insurance. Matching retirement plan. Wellness/rewards program. Use youruniquegiftings to be a vibrant part of changing children’s lives.
Our group homes are located in NW Tucson. We currently have 10 homes that provide loving care for children who have been abused or neglected. We provide a safe place for children to grow physically, spiritually, and academically while learning to honor God. The children in our homes are from 6-18 years old and are placed in our care by the Department of Child Safety. Each home cares for an average of 10 children and the length of stay varies case by case but the typical stay is about one year. Some may stay only two weeks and others more than five years.
House parents are part of a larger Christ-centered management team with high expectations for biblical character and values including: honesty, integrity, respect for all peoples, high levels of trust and regard for teammates; and they create and model for children in care and for all staff the fruit of the Spirit.
We have an excellent salary package for full time employees that includes health, vision, dental and life insurance benefits, a 403b investment program, and some living expenses for most positions. The salary for House Parent positions is approximately $30,000 to $40,000 per person per yearpaid on an hourly basis. Bonus for out-of-state relocation expenses also considered.
If there is interest in going forward with the application process and you are sure you meet the job description qualifications and requirements, we would ask that you complete anapplication.
Essential Functions:The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Implement the daily schedule for the children, engage in activities of the group or with individual children within the group, as their needs require, often implementing these tasks without other support staff.
2. Implement the Night schedule for the children; help to supervise morning activities of the group or with individual children within the group.
3. Ensure records are maintained in compliance with federal/state/local regulations. Complete all paperwork in a prompt and careful manner, keeping records confidential. This includes but is not limited to the following:
a. Repair Requests
c. KaleidaCare documentation, Rx logs, OTC
d. Accurate and punctual time card
e. Time off requests
f. Misc. including: report cards, etc.
4. Attend all staff meetings and training sessions, or make arrangements with SPLASH Manager if excused.
5. Assist the SPLASH Manager to ensure that the home and yard are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
6. Prepare meals, following posted menu and follow sanitary guidelines.
7. Represent us to the public in a positive, responsible manner.
8. Agree to flexible hours and rotation of homes, if necessary. Primary purpose is to provide coverage in peak time periods until night support is scheduled. Flexibility and reliability is critical in facilitating appropriate relationship with all staff; reliability includes checking schedule/calendar multiple times a day.
9. Follow agency chain of command in a responsible and supportive manner.
10. Physically interact with the children in an appropriate manner when needed (i.e. separate fighting children, lift child from floor, etc.).
11. Follow outlined policies and procedures for dealing with children and duties.
12. Transport children to appointments when needed.
13. Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned or requested by management.
14. Personally grow in leadership and spiritual life.
15. Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned.
Being authorized to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. We do NOT sponsor employment visas.
GAP Ministries, a social service nonprofit serving Southern Arizona since 1999, stands in the GAP for those in need in three core areas: Family, Community and Ministry.
Our mission is simple: Standing in the GAP for those in need. Bringing help to children, healing to families and hope to the community.
Our 5 Core Values are:
FAITH: We are faith driven, choosing to seek God first and pursue wisdom from heaven that will produce creative solutions for the personal and social issues we all face.
EMPOWERING: We are empowering, realizing that people are more important than projects. We will make a significant effort to create a sustainable community, where we develop people not just programs.
COMPASSIONATE: We are compassionate, learning to love our neighbor and serve rather than being served, realizing there are needs that are always greater than our own, so being faithful to give even when it does not seem there is enough to give.
COLLABORATIVE: We are collaborative, setting aside our own agenda to work with each other and other like-minded organizations with common purpose.
ADVENTUROUS: We are adventurous, wild, fun and slightly crazy, pushing the boundaries and expecting God to move in extraordinary ways.