Are you a mission-field experienced Flight Instructor with a call to mentoring and a heart for teaching to serve as evaluators of prospective mission pilots? Consider joining our highly respected aviation team at JAARS!
You will be a part of making Bible translation possible especially in the most remote and difficult locations on earth as you develop curriculum, instruct in the classroom, and lead simulator operations.
Be a part of conducting flight operations for Pre-Field Orientee’s and participate in recurrent flight training events in aircraft used by JAARS and our partner mission aviation organizations.
- This is a full-time, volunteer or career staff that raises their support position
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to apply
- Develop and prepare course outlines, study materials, and instructional procedures for pilots.
- Lecture on various subjects such as aircraft operations, federal aviation regulations, and radio navigation.
- Demonstrate operation of aircraft and techniques for controlling aircraft during normal, STOL, and emergency maneuvers.
- Conduct instrument procedure check flights using the Redbird FMX flight simulator.
- Observe pilot under instruction’s actions during training flights to ensure assimilation of classroom instruction and to comply with federal aviation regulations.
- Test and evaluate pilot’s progress using written and performance tests and oral interviews.
- Coordinate initial or recurrent training. Experience with budgeting, training completion tracking, and documentation maybe required
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Mission field experience using high performance aircraft; turbine experience desired
- ISJAO line check pilot/chief pilot qualifications and experience
- Commercial pilot license with instrument rating
- Certified flight instructor certificate
- Valid Class II FAA Medical certificate or equivalent
- Airframe and Powerplant License
- Minimum flight time is 1000 hours
- Tailwheel endorsement for fixed wing instructor pilot position
- Overnight travel is required that includes two, ten-night training events per year, living in primitive conditions.
- Availability to travel over weekends may also be required in support of the Mission at the Airport (MATA) program.
- Support comes from family, friends, and churches for staff financial needs – JAARS does not pay a salary.
- Position is full-time for Wycliffe, or like-minded missions, members.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
Seek God Above All
Serve in Love
Act with Integrity
Steward God’s Resources with Courage
Collaborate with Respect
Create a Culture of Innovation