Do you have a passion for 4WD vehicles and motorcycles? Would you love to share how to safely operate them in the classroom and in hands-on experiences?
JAARS operates a maintenance, operations, and safety course for those preparing to go overseas and for nationals in overseas locations. We also maintain our own off road training course that offers students practical application on campus.
Share your knowledge and expertise so that staff on the field can safely reach their destinations!
Conduct motorcycle and 4WD training courses in accordance with approved curricula.
- This is for a .2 FTE volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Instruct students in maintenance, safety, and operation of vehicles and motorcycles
- Contribute to the fine tuning of course curricula
- Present a real world perspective by providing hands-on vehicle training
- Flexible in work hours and availability due to when courses are offered
Experience and Education
- Knowledge and solid experience in the safe operation of 4WD vehicles and motorcycles
- Ability to communicate well and effectively and engage students while teaching
- Capable of sharing and clearly explaining technical matters
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation