Under the supervision of the Member Services Supervisor, represents the mission of the YMCA to members, staff and volunteers and vendors. Greet and welcome all constituents of the YMCA and develop relationships that ensure member retention and satisfaction. Provide accurate information regarding programs, membership options, and schedules. Ensure a positive member experience.
- Report to work on time with a positive, friendly attitude, wearing professional attire and name tag. Model professional behavior.
- Greet and welcome all individuals, handle incoming calls and follow up calls in a friendly manner using prescribed greeting.
- Under supervision process membership payments, enrollment registration and verify cash as required. Ensure all forms are completed and legible.
- Provide detailed, accurate and timely information on schedules, prices, waiting list, programs and facility information.
- Demonstrate effective skills to engage prospective members, sell memberships and enroll constituents using established procedures.
- Prior to shift, check all communications and memos for updates. Assist with clerical function of the welcome center: filing, member calls, copying, etc.
- Monitor and control access to the facility. When necessary act as facility tour guide for the public.
- Assist in maintaining branch cleanliness and attractive appearance.
- Know and enforce established branch policies; ensure that members are aware of policies and procedures.
- Seek out accurate information and ensure proper communication of issues.
- Assist with implementing member special events: name tag weeks, member appreciation, etc.
- Alert supervisor of needed equipment and supplies before they are depleted.
- Communicate to supervisor any areas that raise concern from members or constituents.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and practices.
- Exhibit professional demeanor and body language at all times.
- Ensure that members know that we care about their having a quality experience at the Y.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other persons point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Minimum 18 years of age with previous experience working with the public preferred.
- Must be familiar with computerized systems
- Ability to memorize and communicate a variety of complex programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate via telephone and in person.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- TB test, drug screening and fingerprinting must be completed within 30 days of employment.