FAMILY LIFE COORDINATOR
Working closely with the StreetlightUSA Chief Executive Officer and StreetlightUSA Programs Leadership Team, the Family Life Coordinator will work to create a Christian home environment that provides a healthy expression of the love of Christ in a family setting as well as fosters an environment that promotes individual faith in Christ.
This position does require that the Family Life Coordinator Live on the Property of the StreetlighUSA Campus. The living arrangement will include one bedroom in a residential setting and will include a bed, refrigerator, TV, couch and an office with computer, printer and other office amenities necessary for the facilitating of the position.
The typical hours of the volunteer position are such that a Part Time, 30 Hour Per Week, which will occur on varying weekdays and weekends according to the schedule. There may be times in which hours may be assigned or required outside of these typical hours, such as is necessary to fill the role of the Family Life Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities will include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· The Family Life Coordinator is responsible to create a Christian home environment that provides a healthy expression of the love of Christ in a family setting as well as fosters an environment that promotes individual faith in Christ.
· The Family Life Coordinator will be responsible for performing the following duties:
o provide safe transportation to ministry oriented events and include fellowship and debriefing conversations on the way and returning from the event
o provide educational meal preparation including prayer at meal times as well as promoting working together, sharing and fellowship as the meals are being prepared and eaten
o facilitate impromptu conversations about faith, life, and family including questions about youth identity, God’s purpose for their lives and other life questions
o facilitate indoor and outdoor games and activities that foster relationships with the youth as well as teamwork and unity
The ideal candidate will be one who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life. They will also be a ministry minded, self-starter, with a passion for serving and meeting the intimate needs of young women who have fallen victim to Sex Trafficking. The candidate will have a track record of success in fostering an environment of Christian life principals at similar programs for a Church, a mission field assignment, or at another non-profit in the community. The Family Life Coordinator must be exceptionally skilled at relational ministry evangelism, knowledge of young women who have similar backgrounds and able to relate to the residents. The candidate should be an individual who excels in a volunteer-staff driven, fast paced, rapidly changing environment that will be dynamic in its approach to both meet the needs of the young women while doing it in a way that makes the best use of primarily donated items and program budget restrictions. Finally, the candidate must be one who is gifted and is called to minister to youth, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
· Compassionate—the individual must exercise a heart of compassion for individuals who are in the program and who are seeking the services of the program.
· Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully. The candidate must approach problems with a proactive, entrepreneurial style with the ability to take initiative, recognize opportunities, and develop and implement focused plans for executing on those opportunities.
· Oral and written communication—the candidate must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings, and has an ability to communicate to various constituencies and work effectively with a variety of staff at all levels within the organization.
· Management skills—the individual includes managing a case load which includes planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes themself available to clients; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
· Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
· Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. The individual also demonstrates strong experience developing processes and protocols to ensure effective, efficient, accurate data management, donor follow-up and financial reporting.
· Team member – the individual is a strong team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of the affiliated organizations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree and or equivalent experience in social services related field required
· Minimum of 4 years of same or similar related program management expertise required