While furniture rental is certainly what CORT is known for, you'll find we're more than that.
We're a Berkshire Hathaway company and we've been in business for over 40 years. Our company motto is “Live. Work. Celebrate.” It embodies our dedication to delivering unparalleled value to a wide range of customers for a wide range of needs.
At CORT, we specialize in providing solutions that remove the stress and uncertainty that accompany periods of transition for businesses and individuals. We offer asset outsourcing services to businesses with short-term furniture and employee relocation needs and provide individuals in a temporary housing situation with a turn-key, home furnishing solution.
We do all this with inspired, motivated people who possess both an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do attitude. Our retention rate tends to be very high because we seek individuals looking for careers, not jobs. And we typically promote from within.
With more than 100 offices, showrooms and clearance centers across the United States, operations in the United Kingdom and partners in more than 70 countries, CORT's wide scope of services and companywide commitment to providing excellent customer service have made us an industry leader.
If you're looking for a stable company with a commitment to making a difference in our customers' lives, you'll find it right here with us. And if you have the right mix of passion and an entrepreneurial spirit, we can't wait to meet you.
The primary purpose of this job is to safely and efficiently deliver and install residential and office furnishings within the
agreed upon time frame and in accordance with the lease agreement.
- Check furniture to ensure acceptable condition for delivery prior to loading truck.
- Accurately and safely load truck, scanning and checking items against lease agreement.
- Deliver and install furniture in a safe manner and within agreed upon timeframe.
- Pickup furniture at lease end.
- Report all pick-up and delivery issues to dispatch and record information on paperwork.
- Document start and end times at each stop for productivity purposes.
- Confirm all electronics and lighting work prior to leaving the stop.
- Wipe down and touch-up furniture once delivered to ensure its integrity.
- Provide world class customer service.
- Unload, sort and scan returned furniture to download/repair.
- Utilize helper to spot when driving the box truck in reverse.
- Fold blankets and store equipment and supplies in an effort to keep the truck organized.
- Perform checklist of truck to ensure all equipment and supplies are available.
- Support warehouse functions as needed.
- Drivers are assisted by the Delivery Helper.
Delivery Driver productivity standard is approximately 30 pieces/hour.
- High School diploma or equivalent or 1 plus years of experience without a degree
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have local state driver's license and safe driving record
- $13-17, DOE