Awana is a global, nonprofit ministry committed to the belief that the greatest impact for Christ starts with kids who know, love and serve Him. The transformative power of the gospel is shared every week through Awana ministries that reach more than three and a half million kids in more than 115 countries. Providing resources and expertise, Awana empowers more than 45,000 churches and mobilizes more than 450,000 leaders to reach kids through evangelism and long-term discipleship.
We are seeking a Program Marketing Specialist to join the Marketing Team.
The Program Marketing Specialist serves as the operational point person for the Strategic Program Marketing plans. He/she is responsible for co-development and execution of the Program Marketing initiatives and tactics for Programs targeting Pre-school, Children’s or Youth ministries. The Program Marketing Specialist works to implement effective Marketing campaigns along the Customer Journey from acquisition, retention and ecommerce consistent with the strategic goals of the Marketing Department and US Ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Effectively owns all implementation of Youth, Children’s or Preschool marketing initiatives and campaigns based on the strategic goals and plans set by the VP Marketing & Sales
- Participates with the VP in strategic design and planning of all marketing efforts to achieve the marketing acquisition and retention goals.
- Co-develops and executes initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (owned, paid, earned media) based on the marketing goals and strategies.
- Ensures all marketing initiatives and projects can be measured for success utilizing ROI and other analytics.
- Maintains assigned campaign and project budgets. Informs leadership of budget status and progress information as necessary.
- Maintains ongoing information on customer preferences and responses to marketing tactics. Enables A/B testing wherever possible.
- Integrates customer segment preferences into promotional tactics, communication methods, collateral items, etc.
- Coordinates research with the Curriculum department for marketing projects and initiatives. Assists in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future products and marketing strategies.
- Evaluates competitors marketing techniques in order to help shape current and future Awana marketing strategies
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Works with rest of the marketing team to co-create and implement marketing tactics across the various Awana audience segments.
- Engages in regular status campaign updates and team check-in meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BA or BS degree required, preferably in Marketing, Communications or Business. Plus two or more years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Marketing, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, and/or Writing experience is also desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Language skills: The ability to be sensitive to a broad variety of constituents (alumni, parents, leaders, pastors, missionaries, donors, etc.) Possesses excellent verbal and writing skills and strong interpersonal skills; listening skills also critical; public speaking skills would also be preferred; demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet blend as part of a cohesive team
Mathematical skills: Must be able to apply basic mathematics to practical situations; some mathematical analysis may also be required
Reasoning ability: Demonstrated ability to conduct research, collect data and establish facts; define opportunities or problems and exploit/resolve within scope of authority; resolve conflicts constructively with individuals involved as needed
Other skills, knowledge and abilities: Maintain a strict sense of confidentiality; treats others with respect and dignity and is considerate and tactful in addressing sensitive issues; accepts accountability for actions; exhibits an attitude of Christian discipleship and a servant’s heart; strong organizational skills are a must.
Physical demands: Some travel (15-20%) may be required; employee is regularly required to work on a PC, and verbally interact with suppliers, staff, media personnel and churches/leaders; standing, walking and sitting are also components of the workday; non-traditional hours may be required (primarily when traveling on Awana business); employee must frequently lift and/or move literature cases and displays
Work environment: the noise level in the office work environment is typically quiet; at exhibitions and conferences, noise levels will be much higher
Internal Reports to the VP Marketing & Sales. Maintains strong relationships with the Media, Creative, Sales, Retention, eCommerce, and Curriculum departments in order to help co-develop and implement marketing plans for Awana curriculum and products
External vendors, media outlets and contacts, parents, leaders and other parachurch ministries.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.