Do you enjoy meeting and interacting with people? Do you have the aptitude to operate cash register and credit card machines? Do you like to help people find the perfect gift or resource that they need?
Become part of the gift shop team, and help provide our staff and guests with inspirational resources to help make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Sells merchandise and provides customer service to gift shop clientele.
- For a part-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Interact with customers to provide a friendly and caring atmosphere
- Calculate sales, deductions, and accurately count cash
- Operate cash register and credit card machines
- Handwrite department, member sales invoices, and telephone orders
- Wrap or bag merchandise
- Unpack, inventory, and display merchandise
- Advise manager of needed inventory
- Coordinate custom flags and display rentals
- Open and close the store
- Deposit the day’s sales with accounting
- Follow up on check requests
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Professio nal demeanor
- Enjoy serving and being friendly with customers
- Work well with coworkers
- Ability and confidence to make informed decisions when outside the normal operations format
- Must view this position as a ministry
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
1. Seek God Above All
2. Serve in Love
3. Act with Integrity
4. Steward God’s Resources with Courage
5. Pursue Excellence
6. Collaborate with Respect
7. Create a Culture of Innovation