Dayspring Card Clerk
Do you love browsing the greeting card rack to pick just the right card for a person? Are you dependable in tracking and completing tasks? Do you have the skills to place online orders?
The Dayspring card clerk is moving away and a replacement is needed. We would like to train the new person in January for this position. The hours are alternating: four hours one week and eight hours the next.
The job requires a steady commitment but doesn’t consume many hours out of your week. Some ordering could even be done from home. Could you be that person?
- This is for a .2 FTE volunteer or career staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Handle all aspects of the gift shop’s Dayspring Card program.
- Dete rmine cards desired for holidays, adult, and children’s categories that need restocking
- Maintain inventory by ordering cards through catalog, online, or via phone every two weeks
- Return “packaged” cards and labels at end of holiday or event i.e. Father’s Day or Christmas
- Process invoices for payment
- Collect loyalty cards and request credit before deadline dates
- Restock card shelves
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED or a combination of retail experience and education
- Competent computer and online ordering skills
- Great customer service skills
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
- Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation