Goal: To advance the mission and vision of Greater Cleveland Youth For Christ by implementing a comprehensive administrative support plan for GCYFC headquarters and staffing needs.
Key Objectives: *STAFF SUPPORT *OFFICE SUPPORT * MINISTRY LEADER (Volunteer) SUPPORT
Specific Duties: Reports to Executive Director. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Staff retreats: logistics, location, meals, agenda, handouts, supplies, calendar, staff ‘gifts’
· Staff Meeting: Produce weekly agenda, notes, order monthly lunch, gather staff ministry summaries, prayer calendar
· Oversees the 7 newsletters each year: print envelopes, newsletters, prayer calendar, return envelopes, stuff day, bulk mail…
· Key Areas of staff support:
a. Orientation of new staff
b. Order business cards; SWR-timesheet input; input goals on excel tracker;
c. Manage All staff calendar of club meetings, summer plans, staff retreat, ML events, vehicle use, etc.
d. Coordinate Training: Regional and National Conference, Dale Carnegie, BVU, etc. Transportation, etc.
e. Help with computer logins, IMPACT (ministry) reporting support; BETA tool support
f. Order materials for follow up packets for club and ministry events.
g. Help with all staff newsletters and mailing process.
h. Track and sign-out/in for YFC vehicles and sound equipment
i. Building permits for club and special events
· Maintain daily task list, fill calendar with daily activity, sign in/out sheet for work hours.
· Contact with YFC/USA for permits, chartering, etc.
· Process daily mail (mailbox Monday)
· Answer phone and front door. Take messages as needed. Check fax and print messages as needed.
· Operation, maintenance, restocking, and minor repair for copier and office equipment.
· Print and fill the “Staff Forms” shelf as needed.
· Check office, kitchen, and bathroom supplies and order as needed.
· Light cleaning in kitchen, bathrooms, office as needed. (get volunteer help for this)
· Create volunteer team for office to clean, stuff mailings, fix or repairs updates,
Ministry Leader (Volunteer) Coordinator- (works with COO)
· Volunteer application status. Track volunteer application, SAPT, B/G check, training, etc. status
· Volunteer trainings-chapter and local: location, handouts, food, sound, invites, etc.
· Volunteer Appreciation Events: location, gifts, worship team, program, invites, mailing
Personal Support and Fundraising
· Develop and implement a personal plan for acquiring new donor prospects through communications, events, news/E-letters, personal visits, tours, etc. 2 personal newsletters/yr (April & October) to your 100+ name list.
· Inviting guests to See The Story tours, dinners, fundraisers.
· Create awareness of ministry needs and invite prospects to become donors, volunteers, prayer warriors.
As an employee of Youth For Christ and a minister of the gospel, YFC expects all employees to:
· Seek God’s guidance and wisdom, through prayer and meditation, for the organization as a whole as well as for specific ministry initiatives.
· Participate and lead regular times of prayer, devotion and worship as a regular aspect of your role within YFC.
· Teach and preach from the holy Bible at YFC staff meetings, conferences, camps and events.
· Staff Meeting- Thursdays 8:30 am – 11:00 am
· Attend staff trainings as requested; STS tours with guests; ministry events/club as requested
· Keep a personal time sheet
• Mature Christian faith, and agrees with the YFC Statement of Faith
• Ability to develop a genuine passion for the Mission of YFC
• Individual must be energetic and enthusiastic, personable and motivated
• Individual must be detail oriented
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, professional environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010.
• Applicant must be capable of the following:
a. Microsoft Word: Highlight text, configure fonts, set margins, work with page views, align text, create columns, spell check, copy and paste, use print options, create envelopes and labels; work with borders, tables, bulleted and numbered lists; use the thesaurus, keyboard shortcuts, insert and work with pictures and other art forms
b. Microsoft Excel: Create spreadsheets and workbooks, print spreadsheets and partial spreadsheets, format and sort data, freeze panes, work with rows and columns, create formulas, and work with calculations
c. Microsoft Publisher: Create postcard, fliers, bi-fold and tri-fold documents; work with multiple tabs, text boxes, group text boxes, insert text and pictures, clip art, etc.; use color, fonts, create double-sided documents
Salary Range: $12+ per hour (based on experience and performance)
Reports to: Executive Director