Under the direction of assigned supervisor, perform a variety of secretarial and clerical duties in support of a general office function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works cooperatively with all team members to support the achievement of work plan activities designed to achieve identified goals and objectives;
● Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment to complete department tasks;
● Performs clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings for the Manager(s) or designate(s);
● Coordinates and organizes meetings and conferences including meeting venue bookings, catering requirements, sets up the room with audio-visual equipment and flip charts and tends to other requirements of meetings;
● Completes internal and external correspondence, legal documents, form letters and other documents, and distributes them as directed;
● Prepares meeting agendas, records and distributes meeting minutes, and maintains organized files of same;
● Arranges for staff travel including making hotel accommodations, land and air transportation reservations.
Coordinate the duplication and distribution of a variety of materials.
● Receive, open and distribute mail.
● Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment;
● Record-keeping techniques;
● Ministry and department organization, policies and objectives;
● Oral and written communication skills;
● Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. word processing, desktop publishing)
● Perform secretarial and clerical work of average difficulty with speed and accuracy;
● Type at 45 words net per minute from clear copy;
● Work cooperatively with others;
● Meet schedules and deadlines;
● Plan and organize work;
● Maintain records and prepare simple reports;
● Work confidentially with discretion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in secretarial skills with a minimum of two years secretarial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.