Plans, designs and produces visual campaigns, materials and publications to communicate ideas through print, web and/or other channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works with Marketing Manager and internal clients to plan and implement a design and messaging strategy.
2. Creates visual artwork and graphics for use in print publications and web.
3. Designs page layout, with understanding and appropriate selection of typography, photography and/or illustrations for press and web ready campaigns.
4. Adheres to corporate brand guidelines and/or creates and adheres to campaign look and feel guidelines, as developed and approved by Marketing Manager.
5. Manages projects as assigned. Present design projects to Marketing Manager, Lead Designer and client(s) at various stages of completion and makes changes as necessary.
6. Guides projects to completion within agreed-upon budget and time parameters.
7. Finalizes projects, prepares and assembles artwork for printer or other outside vendor; approves proofs.
8. Tracks and records time spent on work in progress and work completed.
9. Assists other Design team members by performing assigned tasks, brainstorming ideas, making suggestions, assisting with computer needs and troubleshooting.
10. Keep up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain competitive.
11. Stays abreast of current and future trends, demonstrates continual investment in creative growth.
12. Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned from time to time.
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) with a concentration in design from college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Must have a background in design/illustration and be proficient, working with Mac and Adobe Creative Suite. Must be creative and have a strong sense of design, composition, and color. Interpersonal skills, excellent verbal communication skills, and project management skills are essential. A good understanding of current printing processes and technology is desirable. Familiarity with Awana programs and products is helpful.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.