Bilingual in English and Spanish. Processes orders for Awana products received by mail, fax, and telephone; problem-solves, answers questions and provides information as needed to satisfy customers' needs, by performing several of the following duties, as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Answers telephone calls(English and Spanish) from customers and determines customer needs.
a. Responds to customer emails that come through customerserviceawana.org or customercareawana.org
b. Replies customer voicemail messages within one hour.
2. Act as Bi-lingual(Spanish) Language Specialist per Ministry needs and primarily for Customer Care department.
3. Enters orders into the computer system and SalesForce (CRM - Customer Relationship Management)
4. Clarifies, investigates, takes appropriate action to rectify, and follows up on customer questions and problems via phone or email.
5. Processes customer credits and returns, accounting issues/account ledgers and mailing or emailing order or credit invoices directly to the customer.
6. Generate yearly renewals and orders for international churches, specifically Puerto Rico.
7. Provides assistance to co-workers as needed or requested, or assigned by manager.
8. Communicate with manager on any issues concerning orders or processes.
9. Performs other related duties as may be required from time to time.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Bilingual in English and Spanish. Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer correspondence. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one situations and in small groups of customers or employees. Ability to speak on the phone with customers for long periods of time with no break in conversation lasting up to one hour.
Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Data entry computer skills necessary. Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to problem-solve. Excellent interpersonal and telephone etiquette skills are required. Good organizational skills and knowledge of Awana program and products are desirable. Knowledge or experience in PayPal, SalesForce or other CRM management system, will be a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger or handle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Internal: Reports to Customer Care Manager. Occasionally interacts with Sales, Shipping, Finance, Field Staff and Donor Development.
External: Frequent contact with Awana customers.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time, and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability, or for other reasons.