Under the supervision of the Area Director, provide administrative support to aid in the implementation of the overall objectives of the strategic plan. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
General Office Duties
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls.
- Warmly greet and receive guests when they arrive in office.
- Create, revise, and distribute correspondence and ministry materials as instructed (e.g. individual correspondence, event flyers).
Volunteer Administrative Team Oversight
- Train volunteers to assist administrative task completion
- Schedule and manage volunteers for administrative task completion assistance
- Maintain efficient Foiling systems; both digital and physical (e.g. documents, bills, photos via the Photo Library, publications)
- Maintain current contacts for churches and related disability ministries
Orders and Product Inventory
- Make copies, maintain filing system and data base.
- Maintain product inventory and office supplies.
- Fill resource and information requests.
- Know, understand, and follow the Accounting Guide and other accounting related resources and policies.
- Area Ministry Accounts
- Use Quicken/Quickbooks to document checking account and petty cash transactions
- Reconcile Bank Statements
- Complete monthly Ministry Report and Monthly Financial Reports.
- Staff expense reports-complete and submit timely and accurately
- Income Submission
- Know, understand and follow all instructions for submitting income via Raiser’s Edge.
- Complete and submit income weekly
- Enter Weekly updates (notes, contact changes) into the Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Donor Thanking-complete weekly mailing of thank you cards and letters to donors.
- Assist with all fundraising planning and fundraising event implementation.
- Oversee coordination of the ministry calendar.
- Assist with various event registration, preparation, execution and follow-up.
- Maintains and updates Area Ministry Social Media profiles. Promote Joni and Friends disability ministry online towards offline participation (i.e., Facebook and various local networks).
- Other duties and special projects as assigned to support the overall objectives of Joni and Friends always representing the ministry in the best possible light.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.”
MISSION: “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities.”
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY:
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).