Do you have a heart to serve the hurting and broken? Do you desire to disciple men and women in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
His Mansion Ministries, a Christ-centered residential program, was formed 40 years ago to serve men and women bound by addiction and other life-controlling issues. Our mission is to inspire Christ-like change through authentic relationships in a community context, with Biblical truth and love.
The Women’s Biblical/Pastoral Counselor meets with and processes through issues like trauma, addiction, and relationship with individual Residents, and does so in line with our mission, vision, and values. The Biblical/Pastoral Counselor job is, first and foremost, a ministry position. Therefore, she is not only responsible for individually meeting with Residents, but for modeling Christ-like behavior and for leading others in further pursuit of relationship with Jesus Christ through daily life.
- Christ-likeness, strong Christian faith, integrity, moral values, and convictions
- Relationally focused and service driven
- 1-2 years’ experience in a clinical/ministry setting
- Bachelors or Masters level training in either counseling, psychology, social work, or ministry
- Excited about a team approach to Christ-centered care
- If married, her spouse should be spiritually mature and willing to participate in the community
The Women’s Biblical/Pastoral Counselor responsibilities include:
- Meet with Residents individually and provide support, feedback, and guidance in their healing processes
- Teach Resident classes as assigned (i.e. phase class and other curriculum)
- Facilitate Resident group counseling exercises
- Collaborate with other Counseling and Program staff regarding Resident care
The Women’s Counselor will be able to use her skills in counseling and teaching to care for our Residents.
Please note that His Mansion Ministries serves both male and female Residents. Due to the nature of our program structure, sincerely held religious beliefs and practices, and the needs of Residents, male Counselors will usually be assigned solely male Residents, and female Counselors will usually be assigned solely female Residents. However, individual assignments are determined based on the needs of the Resident and the fit of the Counselor-Resident relationship and mixed-sex assignments may occur. The Biblical/Pastoral Counseling Supervisor is responsible for determining the appropriate assignments.
Employees live on our 316 acre farm in southern New Hampshire.
Visit http://hismansion.com/serve/staff/ for a full position description.