The Media Ministries Coordinator provides support to church worship services and other church-related activities that are held in the church by managing the professional sound, visual and lighting equipment. Other church-related activities may include activities connected with certain ministries of the church, special events sponsored by the church, weddings, and funerals.
This is a 20 hour per week part-time position that is eligible for participation in a 403(b) retirement plan on a cost-sharing basis, starting with the fourth month of employment.
• Responsible for the church's sound, visual and light management and usage.
• Contact with each of the pastors to prepare a script to follow for weekly worship services. The script forms the outline for the weekly church service.
• Responsible for coordinating the sound, visual and lighting for each worship service.
• Responsible for creation of the visual content for worship services including videography when appropriate.
• Responsible for coordinating the live-streaming application for one Sunday service.
• Setup and closing of the sound, visual and lighting booth for weekly worship services, and special events.
• Coordinate scheduling of volunteers for worship services and auxiliary events.
• Be an active, committed follower of Jesus Christ.
• Competency in effective communication with Pastors, Music Director, volunteers, church staff and congregation members during services, to maintain effective production quality in worship services.
• Possess experience and expertise in managing professional sound, visual and lighting equipment to support church worship services.
• Experience with and a working knowledge of professional audio equipment, mixers and audio distribution devices.
• Knowledge of non-linear video editing software program(s) required.
• Ability to interact with choirs and musicians of all ages, the Music Director, other church staff, and each of the Pastors in preparation for weekly worship services and special events.
• Ability to recruit, train and coordinate volunteers.
• PA Act 33 and 34 clearances and FBI fingerprinting clearance.
The Facilities Custodian is a "staff-employee" of Dutilh United Methodist Church.