Under Area Director supervision, provide administrative support and volunteers to aid in implementing the strategic plan objectives. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. General Office Duties
- Answer and direct all incoming phone calls.
- Greet and receive guests.
- Create, revise and distribute correspondence and ministry materials as instructed (e.g., individual correspondence, event flyers).
2. Volunteer Administrative Team Oversight
- Train volunteers to assist administrative task completion
- Schedule and manage volunteers for administrative task completion assistance
3. Filing/Contact Management
- Maintain efficient filing systems; both digital and physical (e.g., documents, bills, photos via the Photo Library, publications)
- Maintain current contacts for churches and related disability ministries
4. Orders and Product Inventory
- Order products and office supplies
- Maintain product inventory
- Fill resource and information requests
- Know, understand and follow the Accounting Guide and other accounting related resources and policies
- Area Ministry accounts
- Use Quicken/Quickbooks to document checking account and petty cash transactions
- Reconcile bank statements
- Complete and submit timely, accurate area ministry monthly reports
- Staff expense reports - complete and submit timely, accurate staff expense reports
- Income Submission
- Know, understand and follow all instructions for submitting income via Raiser’s Edge
- Complete and submit income week
6. Donor Development
- Enter weekly updates (notes, contact changes) into the Raiser’s Edge donor database
- Donor thanking – each week complete and mail donor thank you cards/letters
- Assist with fundraising planning and events
- Coordinate and maintain the ministry calendar
- Assist with event planning, registration, execution and follow-up
8. Additional Responsibilities
- Social media/website: maintain Area Ministry website and Facebook page
- Complete other assigned duties and special projects as assigned
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.”
MISSION: “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities.”
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship.
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).