The Administrative Assistant serves to accomplish the mission of Joni and Friends. The responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include supporting the Director in the overall management of operations, qualified staff, quality and appropriateness of services and fundraising efforts.
Under the supervision of the Area Director, provide administrative support to aid in the implementation of the overall objectives of the strategic plan. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Answer and direct all incoming phone calls.
· Warmly greet guests when they arrive in office. Develop and continually increase both quality and quantity of volunteers, fans and friends.
· Provide Administrative Support for correspondence needs, maintenance of correspondence files and the handling of both incoming and outgoing mail.
· Make copies, maintain filing system and data base.
· Maintain product inventory and office supplies.
· Fill resource and information requests.
· Complete monthly Ministry Report and Monthly Financial Reports.
· Create ministry flyers, brochures and thank you cards as requested.
· Log and complete Income Submission forms weekly.
· Keep petty cash up to date.
· Keep IDMI updated with contact notes and changes.
· Generate donor reports through Joni and Friends database system.
· On a weekly basis, print and mail donor thank you letters.
· Oversee coordination of the ministry calendar.
· Maintains and updates Area Ministry Social Media profiles. Promote Joni and Friends disability ministry online towards offline participation (i.e., Facebook and various local networks).
· Work with staff to keep contacts up to date for churches and related disability ministries.
· Expand Joni and Friends knowledge base of churches in area via technology (i.e. website, Facebook, CDM, etc.)
· Assist with event/project planning. Provide administrative support for community outreach events via local churches, (i.e. Luke 14 dinner, Wheelchair Drive, Walk and Roll, Day of Pampering, etc.)
· Keep computer files and photos organized.
· Work with staff to keep website updated.
· Assist with various event registration, preparation and follow-up.
· Assist with all fundraising planning and fundraising event implementation.
·Other duties and special projects as assigned to support the overall objectives of Joni and Friends always representing the ministry in the best possible light.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: “To accelerate Christian ministry in the disability community.”
MISSION: “To communicate the Gospel and equip Christ-churches worldwide to evangelize and disciple people affected by disabilities.”
1. Honor God in everything we do.
2. Build relationships based on trust and respect.
3. Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
4. Practice responsible stewardship.
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY:
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a “Best Christian Workplace” according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).