We are looking for someone with a heart to minister to inmates in rural southwest Wisconsin. This full-time position is open for an individual to both evangelize and provide biblical counseling in the areas of addiction, anger management, depression, etc. There is also a re-entry program, which would require the applicant to work with a team of volunteers. This program involves both mentoring and discipleship. The candidate would work with the current chaplain before branching out to develop his or her own ministries in nearby counties. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to learn and establish his or her own ministry. While some funding may be provided for ministry expenses, this position requires raising full support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evangelize, disciple, and provide biblical counsel to inmates
- Establish a good working relationship with corrections officers
- Help former inmates to start over with housing and job search, etc.
- Train and supervise volunteers
- Travel to different locations
- Option of full- or part-time hours
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A love and desire to work with inmates
- Works well with people
- Team leadership skills
- Experience in pastoral care and/or in jail and prison ministry
- Ability to raise support
- Training in criminal justice, a plus
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.