OBJECTIVE: To maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Jaars facilities in such a manner which assures an attractive, pleasant and sanitary environment for personnel, customers, and guests.
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBLITY/AUTHORITY: Performs duties and tasks as outlined in responsibilities below and other tasks requested by supervisor or administrative staff.
- High school diploma
- Good customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn new cleaning methods.
- Needs to be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Attention to detail is an important element of this job.
WORK HOURS REQUIRED: Ability to work at least 40 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES: These duties will be performed at various buildings on center. This person will cross train in the efforts to help cover any custodial janitor who may take sick leave/vacation.
Responsibilities also include:
- Cleaning restrooms
- Vacuuming carpets
- Cleaning entrances and glass doors
- Maintaining cleaning supplies and ordering supplies thru Admin-Janitorial supervisor.
- Emptying trash.
- Flexible to the unexpected request that may arise from supervisor.
JAARS is a 501(c) (3) non-profit Christian ministry located on a beautiful 500+ acre campus south of Charlotte, NC. We have nearly 100 guest housing units, recreational areas, a swimming pool, auto shop, mailroom, library, cafeteria, RV Park, childcare facilities, and youth ministries.
We have a variety of campus operations, housed in 20 buildings, with more than 500 JAARS and partner organization staff serving. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and with other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation