Adventure Island Christian Preschool and Launch Pad
Part Time Preschool Teacher
An afternoon teacher of AICP/LP must have a passion and purpose for ministry with preschool age children with a desire to grow in knowledge of childhood education. An afternoon teacher must also:
* Be a believer and follower of Jesus Christ
* Be actively involved in a church body and desire spiritual growth.
* Be committed to AICP/LP’s policies, procedures, practices, mission and philosophy.
* Be committed to Venture Christian Church’s mission and statement of faith.
Education and Experience Requirements:
An afternoon teacher of AICP/LP must meet the following requirements:
* Completed at least 12 ECE/CD units with satisfactory grades (C or better) from an
accredited college, or completed a Child Development Permit.
* Have a California criminal clearance record – LIVESCAN (fingerprints included)
* Must be 18 years or older.
* Have a valid California Driver’s License
Daily Job Duties:
* Oversee or assist a classroom during the afternoon session.
* Provide care to the children in the classroom.
* Provide an environment to develop maximum physical, emotional, cognitive, and
spiritual development of children.
* Provide indoor and outdoor activities that encourage play, exploration, problem solving,
or creative that are developmentally appropriate and safe.
* Oversee napping clean-up and bathroom needs of the children.
* Prepare and clean-up afternoon snack.
* Clean rooms, sanitize and wipe down tables, sweep floors and put away toys.
* Supervise playground with other staff, making sure all areas are covered for safety
* Communicate with Lead teacher about the children in the classroom.
* Assist children in toiletry needs if child needs assistance. Changing diapers if needed.
* Assist child in changing clothes if they are soiled or become dirty.
* Work with other staff in making sure our teacher/child ratios are satisfactory.
* Be punctual at scheduled work times.
* Work independently with some direction.
* Be flexible in ever-changing environment with many interruptions.
* Communicate effectively with children and the families.
* Follow-thru with schedules and time lines established by teaching staff.
* Assist children in their daily tasks and activities.
* Be able to operate assigned equipment and demonstrate abilities.
* Be able to bend, crouch and lift moderately heavy objects to assist children.
* Assist other staff members even if it is not your job requirement.
* Perform other duties as requested by Director or School Administrator.
* Ability to follow AICP/LP’s personnel policies and procedures as stated in the Employee
* Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members, accepts supervision, and helps
promote a positive atmosphere in the preschool center.
* Ability to grow in skills for working effectively in diverse, wide-ranging environment and
seeks out learning in child development.
The afternoon teacher will work closely and report to the Director or School Administrator.
The afternoon teacher will work closely with the Lead Teacher in the afternoon. Our leadership staff will strive to assist in reaching your full potential as you grow in faith and contribute in the mission and goals for preschool children and their families.
* Preschool First Aide Certificate
* Infant/Toddler and adult CPR Certificate