Job Title: Client Coordinator
Area/Location: Community Services / San Jose, CA
Reports to: Community Services Manager
Date Submitted Revision: 3.31.17
Job Description Approved: 4.17.17
Classification: Coordinator/Full Time Non-Exempt
Salary: Range starts at $17 hour/DOE
Do you have a servant’s heart and want to use your people and organizational skills to help those in need? Cityteam has created a new position as part of our small but mighty Community Services Team in San Jose. The Client Coordinator will oversee the daily operations of our Client Services, ensuring families receive excellent customer service. This will necessitate balancing compassion, following procedures, and maintaining cleanliness and safety for everyone on the premises. If you’ve worked in retail or the food service industry and are used to dealing with aggressive customers, you may have an advantage in pursing this position. It is essential that the Client Coordinator is comfortable working with the homeless and people from many different cultures and educational backgrounds.
The Client Coordinator will find, schedule, train and supervise volunteers. Working in tandem with the other staff, the Client Coordinator will host multiple seasonal events throughout the year. In addition, the Client Coordinator will work with the Community Services Manager to develop and implement a women’s program for our Spanish speaking clients. The Client Coordinator will take the lead on scheduling classes to help empower the women on topics such as health, nutrition, money management, spiritual growth, and Disciple Making Movements (DMM).
Oversee Client Services, including the front desk, Gallery, Pantry, and the new Women’s Program.
Ensure there is a person of contact at the front desk, welcome guests, register clients, complete vouchers, enter data into the computer, and run reports as requested.
Firmly handle complaints and resolve issues with grace.
Coordinate training, scheduling, and supervision of all regular on-going volunteers.
Work with the Volunteer Program Supervisor to accommodate volunteer needs and ensure adequate tracking of volunteer hours by having volunteers sign in and out using the Volunteer Kiosks.
Interact with donors on tours, highlighting our Community Services ministry.
Coordinate all aspects of the new Women’s Program, including scheduling classes, finding guest speakers, connecting the women to outside services and resources, and following up with potential participants.
Ensure Gallery is clean, stocked, and adequately staffed by volunteers.
Ensure Pantry is clean, stocked, and adequately staffed by volunteers.
Assist in planning and executing fundraising events.
Develop and maintain positive working relationships with staff, volunteers, and clients.
Advocate for Cityteam with those in your circle of influence.
Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other teambuilding activities.
Assist team as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand and sit for prolonged amounts of time
- Walk, bend, twist, & kneel
- Talk and hear
- Frequently lift and carry or push up to 50 pounds
- Finger and hand dexterity to feel, handle, and operate objects, tools or controls, and to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Required Education and Experience
- Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be bilingual (speak & write) in English and Spanish
- Previous customer service experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with Cityteam, DMM, and homelessness
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Proficient and comfortable speaking to large groups of people
- This job operates in a warehouse setting with open areas, often exposed to cold drafts
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Days and hours of work are typically Tuesday through Saturday 8:30 am-5:00 pm, with occasional evenings and special events
- Occassional travel to offsite events
Additional Eligibility Qualifications for Cityteam Ministries
- Must have an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be active in a local Christian body of believers or at least pursuing community with other Christ-followers
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith
- Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ