Do you have a passion for missions and engaging a new generation to consider their role in a greater purpose? Do you enjoy adventure races that make a difference?
We are seeking someone with the passion and administrative skills to make each race happen at various locations in the US.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Able to work in the US
Plan, promote, manage, and coordinate two to three races per year in cooperation with key area coordinators.
- Direct the coordination of race events
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate two to three race events in cooperation with volunteer coordinators, guided by the goals and strategies of the Multi Generation Director and Team
- Speak into the marketing and publicity for these events
- Coordinate with area coordinators, venues, and partner organizations on dates, facilities, and staffing
- Assist in recruiting and orienting staff
- Ensure that all fees and expenses are handled according to JAARS finance policy
- Confirm that all participants are properly entered into the appropriate database
- Prepare race impact reports
- Assist with CrossVenture programming and Missions at the Airport events when available
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills and the ability to increase productivity
- Self-motivation: able to work independently, plan, and prioritize work activities
- Team player, able to tactfully treat others with respect and consideration
- Able to follow through and meet commitments
- Able to follow instructions, policies, and procedures
- Flexible, yet able to use time efficiently
- Good mentoring and coaching skills
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Working knowledge of Gmail and Google Drive apps as well as MS suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher)
- Able to learn new computer applications
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and make frequent phonecalls. May also participate in Race events (physical fitness will be a bonus and make the job easier)
Education and Experience
- Two or more years total: a degree, technical school, training, related experience, or equivalent combination
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation