Do you enjoy meeting and engaging people? Do you love to inspire and share how JAARS makes Bible translation possible? Do you have a servant’s heart?
Consider becoming a part of the Mission Team that coordinates churches and groups that come to serve at JAARS for a week or less in various projects at the center.
Your influence could help people to gain a vision for missions and become further engaged with JAARS. Be part of a lasting impact for God’s Kingdom.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Assist in providing the best experience and support to mission teams serving on center.
- Welco m e, direct, serve, and support team needs
- Gather and process team applications
- Coordinate housing arrangements
- Find work projects and place appropriate mission team members there
- Prepare meals with the team
- Coordinate team work with Facilities Mission Team Manager
- Arrange for presentations from JAARS staff and missionaries
- Encourage further engagement with JAARS
- Work evenings and Sundays when teams are present
- Excelle nt relational skills
- Ability to organize and follow through
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in leading people
- Servant's heart
- MS Office applications
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation