Do you have a passion for missions and getting others involved in Kingdom work? Do you enjoy working with multiple age groups in God’s outdoor creation? Become a part of impacting lives!
As a CrossVenture team member, create, and lead programs that engage teens and adults in purposeful, well-planned activities as they grow spiritually and discover opportunities to serve.
You’ll guide attendees as they live in primitive conditions in our “Woods” area, as they experience how aircraft, boats, and media are used to support Bible translation. It’s fun, engaging, and memorable.
Assist the Multi-Generational Engagement (MGE) Director with development and implementation of initiatives to engage demographically diverse audiences in the task of Bible translation.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Assist in the development and implementation of new multi-generational programs
- Help develop CrossVenture program outlines and marketing plans
- Assist with program messaging, promotion, and growth
- Staff the program and food teams
- Lead groups through programs
Education and Experience Desired
- High school graduate
- Two years cross-cultural experience and two years student ministry experience preferred
- Program development and marketing experience helpful
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills, including individual and group presentations, in person, and by phone
- Outgoing and collaborative personality
- Well-developed balance of goal orientation and sensitivity to people
- Self-directed, problem solving, high ownership mentality
- Creative, flexible, and proactive approach to planning and implementation
- Microsoft Office proficiency (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation