We are looking for someone with a heart to share the love of Christ with those in senior-care facilities and county jails in Southern and Central Minnesota. The candidate will have the opportunity to work alongside existing field staff members in a vibrant, well-developed ministry before branching out to start his or her own ministry sites. This opportunity is perfect for someone wanting to “learn the ropes” from successful field staff members while bringing his or her own gifts and talents to expand an already thriving ministry. This position requires raising full support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan and lead Bible study groups
- Provide spiritual care for the elderly and for prisoners
- Recruit and train volunteers.
- Travel to different locations
- Option of full- or part-time hours
- A love and desire to work with the elderly and incarcerated individuals a must
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- Works well in a team environment
- Teachable spirit yet fast learner
- Experience in senior-care facilities and county jails, a plus
- Ability to raise support
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
- Check out the original job description with more info on our website.
- Begin the application at www.infaith.org/iq
- Not exactly what you were looking for? Want to do the same thing, but in a different state? You could always create your own ministry!
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States.