Do you have a desire to dig into one section of California and seek God’s heart in how He wants you to meet needs and reach people for His glory? We have an opportunity for someone to be trained by the current, retiring missionary in what they’ve done: including pastoring a church, directing a three-week summer camp, and numerous VBS outreaches. But there’s lots of opportunity for new creative ministry to be started as well, including the possibility for Latino ministries and church planting in small communities. This position requires raising full support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan and lead Bible study groups
- Plan and lead children’s ministry, VBS, and direct a three week summer camp
- Recruit, train, and lead volunteers
- Work with different camps
- Travel to different locations
- Option of full- or part-time hours
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A love and desire to work with different ministry opportunities
- A heart for children and youth
- Works well with small populations
- Proficient in Bible knowledge
- Experience with camping ministry and VBS, a plus
- Ability to raise support
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States