InFaith has been ministering in the large area north, south and east of Hawthorne, Nevada, for years. (We had a missionary start a Sunday School there in 1915!) This section of rural western Nevada is marked by a spiritual dryness that reflects the starkness of the desert landscape. InFaith is looking for the right kind of self-starting missionary to continue the 100-year missionary work of InFaith, while looking for new innovative ways to reach the needs in the local area. A church in Hawthorne has expressed strong interest in partnering with the InFaith missionary, that takes on this area. While a parsonage may be available in one of the small communities, this position requires raising full support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assess, strategize and implement appropriate ministry activities
- Providing pastoral leadership at two locations
- Plan and lead Bible study groups
- May include youth ministries
- May include planning and leading VBS
- Travel to different community locations
- Maint ains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness
- A love and desire to work with different ministry opportunities
- Proficient in scripture
- Experience working in rural areas
- Experience with leading congregations
- Ability to travel long hours
- Self starter, a plus
- A love for children and youth, a plus
- Ability to raise support
Education and experience
Bachelor’s degree; or 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year of college-level Biblical studies preferred.
InFaith is a nondenominational mission that enables called and committed followers of Christ to serve with purpose and passion within our nation’s borders. With over 160 field staff serving in 33 states, we use many different ministry methods to achieve one simple mission: to share Jesus with the people of the United States