CrossVenture Summer Program Assistant
Posted by: JAARS, Inc.
Posted date: 2017-Oct-23
JAARS Multi-generational Engagement team is looking for a summer assistant. This is currently a paid position with possibilities for internship credit if requested.
The Summer Program Assistant supports the CrossVenture staff by playing an active role in the summer programming occurring at the JAARS center in NC.
Summer programming occurs May 14th – August 21st including a 10 days mandatory training May 10-11th, and 22-27th.
Schedules vary depending on program elements and assignments, but may start as early as 8:00 am and end as late as 8:30 pm each day with a 3 hour break in the afternoons.
Responsibilities will include:
- Student safety
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for camps
- Assisting in activities and key program elements
- Building relationships with participants
- Assisting in the set-up, clean up, and running of programs
- Clerical duties such as filing, data entry, research and more
- Participants vary in age from 12 years and older
The estimated salary will be approximately $300.00/wk.