Aviation Maintenance Training Coordinator
Do you have aviation mission field experience in the area of mechanics? Would you enjoy leading a team that will make Bible translation possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places?
JAARS needs a professional to lead the Maintenance Training team, as they provide technical evaluations, pre-field orientation, and ongoing training of pilots preparing for mission service. Could this be you?
Be a part of this solid team known for providing superior training and safety, not only for JAARS but also for other mission organizations.
Provide effective leadership to the Aviation Maintenance Training team, which provides professional, practical, relevant, effective, high quality, and successful aviation maintenance training. This position can be filled by a volunteer or missionary who raises support.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership including identifying needs and maintaining the necessary training staff.
- Plan for and monitor initial and ongoing maintenance training programs and provide effective support for special field training programs.
- Maintain strong cooperation and contact with SIL fields, JAARS Aviation Sections, and the Training Coordinators.
- Develop and maintain budgets and provide training reports as requested
- Prepare for and contribute to Maintenance Standards Committee meetings.
- Maintain appropriate communication and relationships with Missions Aviation Training Organizations and potential aviation applicants.
- Mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant ratings or equivalent, as well as field experience.
- Proven management and/or leadership experience.
- Be a lifelong learner and model personal and technical integrity.
- Demonstrate a good grasp of training and people relationship issues.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Show good ability to build others and make them successful.
- Be able to effectively plan and monitor training programs.
- Aviation field experience is required.