Aviation Maintenance Training Coordinator
Do you have aviation mission field experience in the area of mechanics? Would you enjoy leading a team that will make Bible translation possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places?
JAARS needs a professional to lead the Maintenance Training team, as they provide technical evaluations, pre-field orientation, and ongoing training of pilots preparing for mission service. Could this be you?
Be a part of this solid team known for providing superior training and safety, not only for JAARS but also for other mission organizations.
- For full-time volunteer or staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Provide effective leadership to the Aviation Maintenance Training team, which provides professional, practical, relevant, effective, high quality, and successful aviation maintenance training.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Provide effective leadership including identifying needs and maintaining the necessary training staff.
- Plan for and monitor initial and ongoing maintenance training programs and provide effective support for special field training programs.
- Maintain strong cooperation and contact with SIL fields, JAARS Aviation Sections, and the Training Coordinators.
- Develop and maintain budgets and provide training reports as requested
- Prepare for and contribute to Maintenance Standards Committee meetings.
- Maintain appropriate communication and relationships with Missions Aviation Training Organizations and potential aviation applicants.
- Mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant ratings or equivalent, as well as field experience.
- Proven management and/or leadership experience.
- Be a lifelong learner and model personal and technical integrity.
- Demonstrate a good grasp of training and people relationship issues.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Show good ability to build others and make them successful.
- Be able to effectively plan and monitor training programs.
- Aviation field experience is required.
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation